- Analyse & Instrumentation
- Atmosphères contrôlées & modifiées
- Chimie des process
- Coupage & soudage
- Diagnostics cliniques
- Fumigation & lutte contre les organismes nuisibles
- Fusion & chauffe
- Inertage, purge & protection
- Plastic & rubber processing
- Nettoyage, Polissage & Broyage
- Environmental monitoring & protection
- Pharmacie & Biotechnologie
- Revêtements & Traitement de surface
- Surgélation & Refroidissement
- Traitement d'eau
- Traitement et raffinage pétrochimique
- Traitement thermique
Fumigants are pesticides or mixtures that produce vapours (gases) for destroying insects and bacteria.
Fumigation goals in food production are to prolong product quality, improve the shelf life and/or the durability of grains, wood, fruits, and vegetables, and create optimal production conditions.
The use of carbon dioxide (CO2) or nitrogen (N2) fumigation are all natural and incredibly effective in preventing an infestation of pests and insects in dry ingredients such as flour. Once infested by insects however, carbon dioxide and nitrogen have insufficient capabilities to eliminate the pests. A special range of fumigants is available to address this problem adequately.
Whatever your special pest-control need is, Linde is there with a solution that is safe, effective, and environmentally conscious.
Each fumigant (even CO2 and N2 when used as active ingredients) is subject to local regulatory approval. Please contact the global fumigants team for details and availability of product for trials or commercial use.